Thursday, March 06, 2008

Cheney Who?

Remember Dick Cheney? I think he was vice president once. Something about the war, maybe something about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. I forget. He had heart problems, didn't he? Maybe he died and noboby bothered to notice. Maybe President Bush doesn't know where he went. I don't know. But I don't think I miss him.

Speaking of President Bush, I wonder if he's thinking about alcohol and cocaine again. If I was him, I'd be looking for some solace and it's probably hard to find. The war, the economy, gas prices, Saudi Arabia giving him the one-finger salute, republican candidates staying far away from him - it's got to be lonely right now.

It's hard to find anything in government doing well these days, other than Halliburton. At the beginning of 2002, its stock was trading at about $5. Now, it's close to $40.

Cheney and Bush have trashed the country, but their buddies in the oil business are doing just dandy. Maybe that's what it was all about from the start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't think Bush/Cheney and their minions care about anyone but themselves- and they're doing fine.

1138 said...

What are Bush and Cheney going to do without the daily free flights on Air Force One?

No President or VP in History has abused the transport as much as these two EXPENSIVE - and not complaint one from the public or Congress.